HHV Practice Music
Virtual Project 4: Creation Medley
We are excited to invite our HHV choirs to join us on our next Virtual Project! We will be singing Creation Medley. You will find the sing-along video for recording under the Virtual Project 4 tab on this page.
Due: Saturday, July 12th @ 10pm
- Earbuds (for your child to hear the demonstration video but not be picked up in the recording)
- One device to play the demonstration video connected to the earbuds (tablet/laptop)
- A separate device to record the video of your child singing (smartphone, or a quality video-recording device)
- Please record in Landscape at 720p resolution or better. Be aware that extremely large video files may be difficult to upload from slower internet connections.
- Complete and submit this release form to your HHV video director. You should have received this form in an email from your HHV director. You can submit the form under the Submit tab on this page.
For detailed information on video recording, please watch “How to Record like a Pro”. We also have provided brief instructions in the Virtual Project 4 video, which will be used for the recording.
Submit a video of your child online under the submit tab on this page. You will need to provide your name and email which helps keep the videos organized. You will also receive a confirmation email to the email address you provide once your upload is successful. If you have trouble uploading try:
- Upload from a faster internet connection. You can access Colonial’s guest network from the safety of your car in the church parking lot.
- Record at a lower resolution. 720p will be significantly smaller than 1080p or 4k resolution.
Q. When is it due?
A. Sunday, July 12th @ 10pm
Q. What are we singing?
A. Our fourth project will be Creation Medley. You will find the recording videos above, and instrumental members will get their music from Planning Center, on our Upcoming Music Page
Q. What do I need to do this?
A. The easiest option is to use two devices. If you have a smartphone, use this to record. Ideally, mount it or find someone with a VERY steady hand. Use your second device to play the music (with headphones connected!).
Q. What should I wear?
A. Dress nicely and modestly. Be conscientious of any logos on shirts. A good rule of thumb is be to dress as you were expecting guests, but not going to the prom.
Q. Where should I record?
A. Pick a visually interesting location that you like. It does need to be a quiet space without a strong echo. Do be conscientious of your surroundings. The How to record like a Pro video will help you choose a good location.
Q. What do you need to see in the video?
A. I need to clearly see your face and torso. It needs to be steady with a tripod or placed on a solid surface. Please record in landscape (16:9) wide format, not vertical portrait mode.
Q. How do I know you received my submission?
A. We will email a list of every video we received at the deadline. You should also receive an email from Dropbox once your video is submitted (to the email you entered in when submitting).